How to care for your vintage clothing
To get the most out of your vintage clothing caring for them is essential. With a little love and the right care, our vintage garments will be worn for generations to come!
Storing vintage clothes
- Do not store vintage items in plastic, the fabric need to breath
- Fold fragile knits, beaded items and silks instead of hanging them
- Use padded or wooden hangers
- hang up vintage garments to dry out perspiration instead of leaving them in a hamper until wash day
- Store your vintage garment in a dry, dust free place away from direct sunlight to avoid fading and deteriorationn of fabric.
Washing vintage clothes
- Read the care label and follow the washing instructions when available
- Hand wash or dry clean anything without instructions. If a garment is delicate airing will often remove odour without washing
- Check for damage before washing, and mend before you wash
- Always hand wash or dry clean silk, wool, velvet and any garment with beading. Please make sure your dry cleaner is experienced in vintage fabrics.
- Let your vintage garment air dry, do not put in the dryer